Skip to main content

Thank You!!

We have been in the adoption process for several months now, but as I was sending out our flyers to all of our close friends and family, I decided it was a good time to make it 'Facebook Official'.  We were very specific about telling our closest friends and family in person and then from there slowly spreading our news.  Yesterday I sat down and addressed 50+ envelopes with our flyers.  (Mom helped a little last week while we were at their house.) That made this whole process a little bit more realistic.  Today I am going to call and inquire about what we need to do to start our home study!  I would tell you what that means, but I don't really know yet.  I know it's something we have to do and that's about all I know for certain.

I wanted to thank all of our friends and family that have taken time to encourage us through this process.  We know this is going to be a long hard process, so we are going to need all the love, support and encouragement that we can get!  Thank you!  I was in tears several different times yesterday.  I had a few people message me and give such great encouragement!  Thank you!!

I had a few people ask how we are going about finding a baby.  The letters that I addressed yesterday go in to more detail about that.  We are doing a domestic private adoption.  We are not going through an agent.  We are searching for our own mom.  We are needing you to help us, too!  We are wanting to find a birth mom here in the state of Georgia, but are not opposed to one in another state.  I know we have lots of friends and family in other states, so don't think just because you are not in Georgia that you can not help.  You can!  Please contact us with any and all questions!  If its about our personal adoption or if this is something you have considered doing, but didn't know where to begin.  I hope that by us doing this, this will help others see and know that you can too!

Signed, sealed, delivered!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE Wedding

Yes, It was a week ago, but blogging isn't my only chore. Last Saturday, November 6th my baby L got married. She was so beautiful! I was so honored to be apart of that day. I remember when she met J. We were all a little sceptical about it. He was a friend of a high school classmate, and it was a blind date. But they met and had a good time and it was history from there. The first time I met J, L, asked M and I to go to the Cumming Country Fair with them. M and I being country music fans were very excited to go. Because M and I started dating so long ago, he is like a big brother to L. They both bicker and protect each other like siblings. Michael kind of had a gut feeling J was going to be a good guy because he like Charlie Daniels and he knew the old country songs. After the concert we stopped my DQ, and had ice cream. For those of you that don't know, M doesn't like chocolate. Well at least that is what he says, but he will eat peanut M&M's, snickers, an...

Twas the Month Before Christmas

This was sent to me is an email and I thought it was cute and very true!! Twas the Month Before Christmas When all through our land, Not a Christian was praying Nor taking a stand. See the PC Police had taken away The reason for Christmas - no one could say. The children were told by their schools not to sing About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things. It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say December 25th is just a ' Holiday '. Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it! CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-Pod Something was changing, something quite odd! Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda. As Targets were hanging their trees upside down At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found. At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ea...

Three Wide In Turn Four

Yes, I married a redneck, so sometimes I think like one. While this has nothing to do with racing, this is the best I could come up with. Before I got pregnant with Caden, I remember hearing people talk about their kids sleeping in bed with them, and thinking---Heck, NO! There is no way. I have a hard enough time sleeping with my six foot tall husband in my bed, there is no way I would consider adding someone else. So, when I had Caden I stuck to that. We didn't do "co-sleeping". His room was attached to our room, so we let him sleep in his crib from day two, at home. The first night I was a little leary, so Mom helped me a bunch! And he did so well. He'd sleep from about 9:30pm until about 3:30am, I'd nurse him, and he'd go right back to sleep, in his bed. Then he's wake back up around 5:30am or 6:00am, when Michael was getting ready for work. Then he would snuggle up with me in my bed and go back to sleep until 8:00am or 9:00am. Pretty good for a newborn...