Skip to main content

B.F.F.

I have so many people that I call a friend, not an acquaintance:  a person whom one knows but who is not a particularly close friend.
I have met them through work, after all, when you work forty hours a week, they are the ones you spend all your time with. I also have others, not met at work.

How do you know when a friend is a friend?
Here is a quote I like: 'Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise.'--this is so true.

A friend is a friend when...

You can call on them for anything, and not feel like you owe them one, and same for them.

You love them for all their faults, no matter what.

You can not talk to them for a long period of time, then pick right back up where you left off.

You have some things in common, but not everything.

You can agree to disagree, and not think anything different of each other.

You don't judge each other.

They know everything about you and still like you.

Friends stand up for you, when no one else does.

Friends love you.

You never have to second guess what they will do or say.


~Thank you to all my friends for being my B.F.F.!! I love you!!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many More to Come

One more for today and I'll give it a break. Today marks a big day for me and Michael. No, it's not our wedding anniversary. But it is an anniversary for us. Today, twelve years ago, Michael asked me to go out with him. Yes, go out with him. We were in ninth grade. I was very shy. He was not. Well, except when it came down time to talk to a girl he had a crush on. I remember it was a Sunday night at church he wrote me a note and gave it to me. Like all high school girls, I ran straight to the girls bathroom, Ha! There I read the note...which I still have some where. It said something along the lines of "Do you like me?" Check "yes" or "no". Not really. But it was very short and to the point. "Do you like me?", "I like you." So I pretended I hadn't read it and just said bye like normal. I remember going home that night and Sandy Seidling was there at our house, and I told her, or maybe Lindsey's big mouth told everyone? S...

One Step Closer

2013 I don't even remember where I left off.  August I started back to work.  I am working at the school where the kids go.  I feel like I blinked and three months went by.  Adding another one to our everyday - makes us feel so much busier.  So with that being said that is why, again, I am behind on our updates! 10/26 I met with our caseworker this week, finally. Saturday she came to our house to do our final step of our Home Study.  She just had to legally say our home was safe for us to adopt.   This week our attorney should be getting the parental surrender of rights from her mom.  That will give us the go ahead on getting everything legal so we can be her legal parents.  Halloween and Caden's birthday are both coming up so we are gearing up for both of those.  I made the kids costumes this year.  They are going to be Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.  They are going to be so adorable!  Caden wants so bad to h...

Three Wide In Turn Four

Yes, I married a redneck, so sometimes I think like one. While this has nothing to do with racing, this is the best I could come up with. Before I got pregnant with Caden, I remember hearing people talk about their kids sleeping in bed with them, and thinking---Heck, NO! There is no way. I have a hard enough time sleeping with my six foot tall husband in my bed, there is no way I would consider adding someone else. So, when I had Caden I stuck to that. We didn't do "co-sleeping". His room was attached to our room, so we let him sleep in his crib from day two, at home. The first night I was a little leary, so Mom helped me a bunch! And he did so well. He'd sleep from about 9:30pm until about 3:30am, I'd nurse him, and he'd go right back to sleep, in his bed. Then he's wake back up around 5:30am or 6:00am, when Michael was getting ready for work. Then he would snuggle up with me in my bed and go back to sleep until 8:00am or 9:00am. Pretty good for a newborn...