Skip to main content

WHY?

Why?
That is a question I remember Mark used to ask all the time. Why? Why? Why? We always want to know the answer.
This past Monday we went to a funeral of a friend of our family, Andrew Stephens. We went to church with the family back 100 years ago. Cara, his sister, apparently babysat me. Then when we moved back to Georgia, Mrs. Nancy, his Mom, was Mark's teacher, and Mom worked with her at PGES. Also, Lindsey and I rode the school bus with Andrew. Then come to find out, he live in Michael's neighborhood. Andrew was 25 years old and was killed in a car accident last week. Why? We ask that question when things don't go our way. Why did Andrew die at such a young age? He was a father to a young boy, a son, a brother, a friend, all the above. Why was his life taken so prematurely?
This summer, I lost my part time job. Why? I worked very part time. I was a fill in for when someone was sick, or out of town, or just when they needed me. There was a miscommunication and they let me go? Why? I have worked for them for almost 3 yrs and never gave them a reason to let me go. (As far as I know) Because I was let go, I got a 'Separation Letter', they wrote on it that I was 'insubordinate'. Why?
Before I got pregnant with Caden, Michael and I had talked about me staying home with our children. I never wanted to put my kids in daycare, I didn't want my Mom to raise my kids, I wanted to. So when I had Caden, we decided that I would stay home. Why do I feel like I'm letting Michael down by not being able to pay the bills? Why?
A few weeks ago, my Dad was asked to leave the church where we all attended. Why? I have asked myself that question 1000 times. Why, why, why?!? We knew things were not running 100% smoothly, but what church does? They all have there kinks. Why was Dad asked to leave? We haven't been here that long. We were all so involved. I was directing VBS this summer, Lindsey sang in the praise band, Mark did the videography each week, and was in the youth band. Mom lead all the Ladies Ministry activities. And Dad...well he was involved in a lot of ministries, too. So why? Why do we have to go find us another church? Why do I feel like now I've lost so many of my friends? Why? Why were we all hurt by having this happen to our family? Why did this happen to our church. Why did this mean others leaving the church, to go find another church?

We always ask, 'why'.

Col 3:15 says, And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

God grants us peace, so we know, he's in control and that is WHY things happen the way they do. And we as humans have a tough time grasping this concept all the time, but when we trust in God, he takes care of us...no matter what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Wide In Turn Four

Yes, I married a redneck, so sometimes I think like one. While this has nothing to do with racing, this is the best I could come up with. Before I got pregnant with Caden, I remember hearing people talk about their kids sleeping in bed with them, and thinking---Heck, NO! There is no way. I have a hard enough time sleeping with my six foot tall husband in my bed, there is no way I would consider adding someone else. So, when I had Caden I stuck to that. We didn't do "co-sleeping". His room was attached to our room, so we let him sleep in his crib from day two, at home. The first night I was a little leary, so Mom helped me a bunch! And he did so well. He'd sleep from about 9:30pm until about 3:30am, I'd nurse him, and he'd go right back to sleep, in his bed. Then he's wake back up around 5:30am or 6:00am, when Michael was getting ready for work. Then he would snuggle up with me in my bed and go back to sleep until 8:00am or 9:00am. Pretty good for a newborn...

Fractured Fairy Tales

OK, so most of you know we are no longer going to our church here in Dawonville. But that's a different story for a very different day. Anyways, the church I've been going to, I've really enjoyed. Our current series is 'Fractured Fairy Tales'. Numbers 80:7-12. He says that fairy tales are great, but they leave us thinking we should all have happy endings. That is not the way life is. Last week was about Jacob, how he was not the one that made the bad decisions, but he was 'fractured' because of his brother's choices. God uses evil for good. Sometimes others make our fairy tale fractured. This week we talked about Moses, how he had his own idea of how he wanted things to be and he didn't obey God, therefore he fractured his fairy tale. Life is a roller coaster, no matter how much we love God. We tend to want to push the blame, or push it to the limits. When we go through our fractures, we want to blame God, or others. We are so kin to Adam and Ev...

Be Sure to 'Follow'!

Be sure to follow the blog to keep up on our most up to date information.  I will do my best to keep it up!! I will be sending out flyers in the mail soon.  We have to turn in our background check paperwork to start our file and we will get a file number. Then we will be official.